I was hired to create this poster for the radio station at Quinnipiac University. They wanted a concert poster for their 2018 spring concert. This was a very difficult project for me. Due to a miscommunication, this poster was a complete redesign of a previous design. I was challenged with two indecisive clients, but in the end created something everyone was happy with. The image was created in Adobe Illustrator and the layout was created in Adobe InDesign.
I created this poster in my Typography II course. The assignment was to create a calendar design for a business/organization of our choice using our own photography. I decided to take the assignment a step further and incorporate hand drawn type. The poster was designed in Adobe InDesign, and the type was drawn on paper and refined in Adobe Illustrator.
I created this brochure for my typography class. I was given only copy and was meant to turn it into an 8 page booklet. The artwork/imagery was created in Adobe Illustrator, and the booklet itself was created in Adobe InDesign. My biggest challenge with this project was determining the hierarchy of the information. However, the rest of the project was straightforward and the final product was unique and creative.
This was my first project from my typography class. It was a simple task; we were meant to design an interesting layout of a basic recipe. I experimented with fun letter placement that bled off the page. The fish illustration was created in Adobe Illustrator.
This project was created during my time at Colby College. It was the project that I was most proud of from my time there, because I completely redesigned the previous year’s booklet. I started with 16 blank pages. After completing many image searches within the College’s image library, after implementing character and paragraph styles, after designing two infographics, and even after using some of my own photography on the cover, the booklet was a complete success and was entirely my creation.
This type specimen poster was created for my typography class. This project was fairly difficult for me. I had no problem coming up with designs, but I struggled in incorporating the history of the typeface in the design. After some more in depth research, I decided to highlight the fact that Gill Sans drew inspiration from the original typeface used for the London Underground. Therefore, this design incorporates elements from a vintage map of the Underground system.
This poster was created for the Quinnipiac Bobcats Sport Network. They were hosting a discussion with YES Network’s Jack Curry, and had requested a poster detailing the event.
This poster and info card were created for my typography class. The purpose of this project was to shrink a design down to a significantly smaller size (in this case from an 11x17 poster to a 4x6 card) and maintain the information.
This infographic was created in Adobe Illustrator for the Colby Magazine. It was meant to accompany an article about Colby’s new computational biology major. It’s purpose was to visualize the growth of data. It can be viewed on the Colby website here.
This website was also created during my time at Krative. Although I wasn’t the sole creator of this site (I worked on a team with another intern), I played a very large role in the layout and organization of the information.
This was issue 19 of QBSN: The Magazine. I was very heavily involved with the creation of this magazine as the vice president of QBSN. I was the photographer for the cover shoot and the women’s ice hockey shoot. I also designed the feature article spreads, and numerous others throughout the magazine.
This save-the-date card was created during my time at Colby College. The overall design was created in Adobe InDesign. The blue circle on the back of the card was meant to be printed as a magnet that would be attached to the card via half-circle slits. I created the design of the magnet in Adobe Illustrator.
This website was created during my time at Krative. I used the Beaver Builder plugin with WordPress to lay out the site. My biggest challenge with this project was organizing the significant amount of information on the pre-existing site so it would be easy to understand.